Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Operation Baby Prep Continues

Bella and Zoe have been sleeping on our bed ever since we adopted them when they were kittens back in 2001, so I'm not sure how they're going to adjust to being booted off the bed once their baby sister or brother arrives. In an effort to get them used to a new cozy environment, we invested a whopping $12 in cat beds from our local CVS and, so far, they seem to be liking them. Zoe has a tendency to be somewhat territorial when it comes to cozy spaces and sharing them with Bella (long story), but hopefully we won't have any angry pottying on sissy's bed! Zoe initially took to the brown bed, and she's been sleeping on that the last couple nights. But yesterday afternoon, she decided to take a nap in her Bella's pink bed. Bella didn't notice. But then Zoe did it again this morning. When Bella decided she was ready for a nap in her pink bed, and instead found her sister cozied up in it, Bella looked at me with this heart-broken, sad little face like, "Mom!! Sissy stole my bed, and now I have nowhere to go!" I had to coax her into the brown bed, but she snuggled up after a minute. So, so far the kitties are sharing and enjoying their new beds! I'll let them enjoy their beds on our bed for a little while longer, then I've got to attempt to move them off of our bed - I think I'll be more upset about it than they will!

I've also begun the not so fun process of clearing out my loft. I've had it filled with craft supplies and gifts and photos and all kinds of things for the last few years, but now I need to make room for Geoff to share the space. We've already brought a ton of stuff down from there, and something tells me that some of you will be getting some pretty good stuff for Christmas this year! Geoff and I also created a to-do list and deadlines to try to get everything ready for the baby - hopefully all the major stuff will be done by the end of the year.

Only 3 more weeks until we find out the sex of the baby! I think these are going to be the longest 3 weeks of my entire life! At least we'll get to welcome baby Jake Balice next week, and I'm sure he'll be the perfect distraction from my daily countdown!








3 comments:

  1. Very cute kitties!!
    They are just going to have to get used to sharing.
    Three weeks will fly by.
    Maybe I will see you next week, if you come to visit baby Jake.
    Chat soon,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete